Saturday 18 January 2014

Letter to Father Asking Permission on a Trip

Section A : Directed Writing (SPM)


Room 1423, Traders Hotel,
Manchester City,
United Kingdom.
19th MAY 2012
Dear Father,
How are you doing right now? I hope that you are always in the pink. Mom had a cold last week but she has already recovered. As for Brandon and me, we are perfectly healthy. Father, when are you coming back from United Kingdom? I miss you a lot. Brandon cried the other day because he missed you so much. He even dreamt of you buying him the Hot Wheels that he had longed for. Brandon could not stop talking about his dream, saying that you miss him too and stuff. Father, in case if you forgot, you should really buy him the Hot Wheels as you promised him the other day. Otherwise, he would be a pain in the ear. You know how Brandon is if he do not get what he wants, right?

Okay, Father, enough about Brandon and his toys already. The main objective I write to you is to seek your permission on something. Other then saying I miss you, of course. As you have been well informed, your only daughter here is a member of the Environment Club and guess what, we are organizing a trip to the National Park in Pahang! Hooray! The excitement is really overwhelming, Father! So, as an obedient daughter I am, I am seeking your permission for the trip. Please let me go, Father. You knew how much I love this kind of activity. And yes, our main highlight is of course to climb to the top of Mount Tahan!

Dear Father,
I know you are hesitating. I can imagine you in my head blabbering about being a fine and delicate woman, girls are not suppose to do this kind of stuff and all. But, to attract your attention, I will write to you about our activities there, so you will not be worried. Just some kind of easy and random stuffs, Father. Okay, firstly, the Mount Tahan, the tallest mountain in Pahang has a height of 2187 m. Do not panic, Father, I know it is a high one. This will be an easy climb. And I did made it to the peak of Mount Kinabalu, Father, safely last year. Knowing your hyper daughter, you should know that 2187 m is just a breeze for me, a piece of cake.

Then, we will climb the mountain until the midway resting point. This is the time that I can enjoy the scenery here! The birds chirping, the sound of rivers flowing, the smell of thin mountain air and also the green view stretching afar, all of them really excite me, Father. I kept imagining the scenery again and again. Can you feel my delightment? And after the resting point, our journey will become a little bit tougher. But do not worry, we have complete preparation. We even practice with the school's staircases in order to increase our stamina. Everyday we go up and down the stairs from the ground level to the fourth level for 50 times. I think that should be more than enough to build the stamina. And in case of emergencies, we are accompanied by strong and charming park rangers, with 4 of our teachers.

This trip is also very educational, too. Throughout the tropical rainforest. the rangers will show us all of the flora and fauna along the way. We will learn about survival in case of emergencies when jungle trekking and mountain climbing. Moreover, this activity also builds up the teamwork within ourselves. We have to help each other in order to reach the summit. And we will have a camp overnight upon reaching the summit. Maybe we will have a campfire and eat roasted marshmallows. How delicious! And before I forget, the fee is only RM70. For the cost, do not worry because this is where I will find my piggy bank useful. Mom is okay with it. Unless if you want to sponsor, I would be more than welcome to accept. Kidding.

I felt like I had written a documentation about my trip, Father. It is getting late. Brandon is snoring loudly next room. Mom is not home yet, she had some business to attend to. And by business, it means some more baby showers with her friends. I really really hope that you are going to allow me joining the climb. I promise that I will take a pretty good care of myself and seek no danger at all. Pinky swear, Father, with cherries on top. Love you like no other. Thank you.

Your beloved daughter,
Melissa.

Marks: 33/35
4 Brilliant.
Mid-year examination (P2).

No comments:

Post a Comment