Monday 6 January 2014

Wednesday, 30 Jan

The Victims’ Voice

The next day, and we proceed with our journey. We were at the Hatori Highland Lake Exchange Promotion Centre to listen to the lecture on outline of the Disaster and Reconstruction. Very fancy name of place and lecture, I must say.

Let's listen about Ten-ei!
There were exactly three disasters that occurred to Japan on March 13 2011, and they were earthquake, tsunami and nuclear radiation. Undeniably, those diasasters reached Ten-ei,. All of the farmers and villagers of Ten-ei were very worried about that, so they cooperated and somehow, they found a way to reduce the radiation level. Even the farmers in Japan are brilliant! To make it easier to understand, the food, agriculture products, everything were 100% safe in Ten-ei village!

So what could we do to help them? Everything is safe, so there should be no problems, right?

Wrong.

They still need our help.

Ten-ei village is affected by HARMFUL RUMOURS!

Since the disaster, people are afraid to visit Fukushima because of the nuclear radiation incident. Even if Ten-ei village is safe, people will not go there because Ten-ei village is situated in the Fukushima prefecture. This really troubled the villagers as their main economic activities are tourism and agriculture. The number of tourists had dropped drastically after the incident. If there are no tourists, who would buy their agriculture products? How can they survive in a situation like this?

This is where we will be functional for them.

Our next programme was very interesting. We got to interview the victims’ ourselves. At first, I was really confused. How should I react when they tell me their stories. Should I smile? Or should I make a sad expression?

But my worries flew away when I met them, Yoc-chan and Suzu-chan. They came to us with a big smile on their faces and greeted us happily. Surprisingly, we were not the one who interviewed them, but they interviewed us! They asked us our hobby, about Malaysia, and not even tell the slightest thing about their experience of the disaster. They even asked us to be their daughters. We gladly accepted as we did not have any host family which were greatly disappointed me. I really love Yoc-chan and Suzu-chan!

Until now, I am still wondering how they could be strong like that. I mean, they experienced loss, destruction and death of family members but they could still smile and laugh like this world is theirs. They have greatly gained my respect and admiration.

I know that I could not be strong as they are if I experienced those kind of disasters. I know that I will lose myself and cry and never smile or laugh. But they are different. They are strong. And I wish someday I can be strong like them. Help me, God. :‘)

My lovely family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment